July 28, 2010, 10:40 am
Filed under: linkdown
| Tags: Arcade Fire
, Best Coast
, Mad Men
, The Old Spice Guy
– What Don Draper’s Wall Street Journal hedcut would have looked like (above)
– Also, Ad Age refutes their portrayal from the season premiere of “Mad Men”
What’s wrong with this picture? No. 1, we never did interviews over lunch; No. 2, we didn’t take notes in shorthand; No. 3 we didn’t ask cute-ass questions; and No. 4, our pictures were never bigger than our stories.
– Flavorwire has the baby and awkward teen photos of 10 indie musicians
– Also, the origin of 10 chillwave band names (though several aren’t really chillwave, per se)
– The Old Spice Guy has lined up a movie role in the Jennifer Aniston/Colin Farrell/Kevin Spacey movie Horrible Bosses and a guest spot on “Chuck”
– Interview with Bethany Cosentino of Best Coast where she sets the story straight on her relationship with Nathan from Wavves
You’re dating Nathan Williams from Wavves.
That is true. I don’t really like to talk about it too much, because it’s not that important. But I’d like to clarify that I’ve known him since I was 17 years old. I met him a couple days before his 19th birthday, so we’ve been friends for a really long time. We didn’t really talk for a few years, but then we met back up again. I think people assume we met through our bands or something, but that’s not true. We’re old pals from teenage years.
– NPR All Songs Considered’s five great cover songs from 2010 (so far)
– Danny Pudi and Donald Glover of “Community” discuss Tory and Abed’s bromance
– A premature evaluation of Arcade Fire‘s The Suburbs
4 Comments so far
Leave a comment