Filed under: top 5 | Tags: Band of Horses, favorite albums of the 00s, LCD Soundsystem, lists, music, Radiohead, Spoon, The National
Since this is officially the last year of “the oughts” or “the oh-oh’s” or whatever you want to call it, that means only one thing: we now need to figure out what we call the next decade (the teens, I guess?). It also means I need to figure out my top 50 or 100 or whatever albums of this decade.
After a few weeks, I return this week with 2007. A little bit of mix up in the top 5 from my original list.
1. The National – Boxer (Beggars Banquet) – Two years later, still my favorite album of the year by far. And also my favorite album from one of my absolute favorite bands.
2. LCD Soundsystem – Sound of Silver (Capital) – This only gets better through the years. “Someone Great” and “All of My Friends” are two of the best songs this decade for me for you.
3. Radiohead – In Rainbows (ATO Records) – Sad to say, but I had nearly lost interest in the 4 years between Radiohead albums. However, In Rainbows completely sucked me right back in. Silly me.
4. Spoon – Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga (Merge) – I probably sound like a broken record/mp3, but Spoon was one of the most consistent bands of the 00s. Their four album run from Girls Can Tell in 2001 to 2007’s Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga contained four of my favorite albums of the decade.
5. Band of Horses – Cease to Begin (Sub Pop) – Nice two year run for Band of Horses. Hard to believe it will be almost 3 years in their first album since Cease to Begin.
Others receiving votes: Animal Collective – Strawberry Jam (Domino), M.I.A. – Kala (XL), Explosions in the Sky – All of a Sudden, I Miss Everyone (Temporary Residence Limited), Prints – s/t (Temporary Residence)
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment