Filed under: tv | Tags: 30 Rock, Better Off Ted, Dexter, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, Emmys, Flight of the Conchords, Friday Night Lights, House, How I Met Your Mother, Joss Whedon, Lost, Mad Men, The Colbert Report, The Daily Show, The Office
The nominations for the 61st Primetime Emmy awards came out this morning and once again, they failed to not nominate “Two and a Half Men” for anything. Seriously, what do people see in this show? In any case, some thoughts below. The awards will be held on September 20 on CBS.
Some thoughts on Comedy:
- While I do still watch “Entourage,” I don’t understand why it continues to be nominated year after year (ditto for “Weeds”)
- I loathe “Family Guy” to its core and am saddened by its Best Comedy Series nom
- Glad to see “Flight of the Conchords” nominated, but its second season wasn’t all that great
- Though it was never going to get nominated, “Better Off Ted” is a better, funnier show than nearly half of the list for Best Comedy Series
- Glad to see Jemaine nominated, but why him over Brett?
- WHY DO CHARLIE SHEEN AND JON CRYER KEEP GETTING NOMINATED?!?!?!
- Kevin Dillon nominated for Johnny Drama? Come on.
- Neil Patrick Harris finally nominated! Yes!
- Colby Smulders could have gotten a nod for Best Supporting Actress and I would have been very cool with that.
- “30 Rock” is a guest actor nomination factory for the second year in a row – Alan Alda, Jon Hamm (!), Steve Martin, Jennifer Aniston, Elaine Stritch
Some thoughts on Drama:
- “Dexter,” “House,” “Lost” and “Mad Men” all deserving for Best Drama series, but no “Friday Night Lights”?!?!?
- I’ve never seen the show, but is Simon Baker that good in “The Mentalist?”
- Glad to see Michael C. Hall, Jon Hamm and Hugh Laurie nominated again
- Good job for Elisabeth Moss getting nominated in Best Actress in a Drama, but I would have been happy to see January Jones nominated for Supporting Actress
- Go John Slattery in Supporting Actor in a Drama! Nice nod for Christian Clemenson though..
- Jimmy Smits was a great character in “Dexter,” so glad to see that
- Is “True Blood” too populist for Emmy nods?
Some thoughts on Reality/Variety/Mini-series/Other:
- “Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog” was nominated!
- It could very well be “The Amazing Race’s” to lose, but good to see “Top Chef” on the list for Reality Competition Program
- …As well as Padma and Tom nominated for hosting
- I’ve come around on “The Daily Show” but maybe this is the year “The Colbert Report” will break through?
- Both the Will Ferrell and Ricky Gervais comedy specials were awesome, and either would likely give a great acceptance speech
- “Generation Kill” was a very underrated miniseries
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment