July 15, 2009, 11:09 am
Filed under: linkdown
| Tags: Blu-ray
, David Fincher
, Ghostface Killah
, Michael Ian Black
, Michael Showalter
, video games
– Interview with Michael Ian Black and Michael Showalter, whose show “Michael And Michael Have Issues” debuts tonight on Comedy Central (I’m pretty pumped)
AVC: But Michael And Michael is all done?
MS: Yes, this will be 100 percent in the can.
MIB: When people don’t want to watch this show, it won’t hurt our motivation for shooting it, because it will already be done.
MS: Right. We can just hide. We won’t have to go to work the next day on a sinking ship.
MIB: We will have already fled this ship.
MS: We’ll already be on dinghies rowing to shore.
MIB: Clinging precariously to driftwood.
– High Def Digest’s mid-year report card for studios releasing Blu-ray; Criterion gets an A for such releases as 400 Blows, The Third Man, Last Year at Marienbad, and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (calls it “arguably the single best Blu-ray release of 2009”); also it notes that Guillermo del Toro’s Cronos and Steven Soderbergh’s Che will be released later this year
– John Krasinski’s directorial debut Brief Interviews With Hideous Men has been picked up by IFC Studios
– Interesting story on how Back to the Future almost nuked the fridge 25 years ago
– Ghostface Killah is working on a new album, and “an R&B-influenced rap album” at that
– Bill Gates: Project Natal not just for video games
– Man claims he originally created “Lost”…32 years ago (or is this viral marketing?)
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment